MTSD Teacher of the Year Nomination
Procedure for selection of the Arkansas Teacher of the Year Candidate:
- Nominations will be accepted from teachers, parents and principals. All nominations should be submitted in narrative form.
- Nominations should be turned into the Superintendent's office by April 1, 2019.
- The deadline for selection will be May April 10th.
- The final selection will be made by a committee appointed by the superintendent. The committee will consist of two administrators, two parents, one school board member, and a central office administrator.
- The committee shall determine the Teacher of the Year candidate by a vote of the committee members. (The central office administrator will vote only in case of a tie).
- The Teacher of the Year candidate will be responsible for submitting the completed application to the Arkansas Teacher of the Year Program.
- Please provide examples of the following:
- an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teacher, grades k-12 who is planning to continue in an active teaching role;
- a teacher who inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- a teacher who has the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues;
- a teacher who plays an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school district;
- a teacher with a positive attitude towards the students, staff, community as well as the teaching profession.
Click here for the application for MTSD Teacher of the Year Candidate Recommendation