Marked Tree Enrollment Form and Checklist
For your convienance, we have added an enrollment form and a checklist that we will need upon entrance to our school. We will gladly give you one when you arrive, but feel free to access this link. Marked Tree Schcool District Enrollment Form and Checklist
Marked Tree School District Calendar for 2019-2020 Released!
The Marked Tree School Board voted at their monthly meeting in February to approve the calendar created by the faculty. The 2019-2020 School Calendar can be accessed by clicking on the link below. MTSD 19-20 Calendar Option A
Learn how you can help kids read!
Dear Community Stakeholder, Since becoming the superintendent of Marked Tree School District, I, along with other leaders and teachers in the district, have increased our efforts to improve grade-level reading abilities in our school. Our principals, teachers, and students bought into the vision that was established…creating a community of readers. While there have been many initiatives that we hope will propel this vision forward, we are facing an obstacle. Summertime is quickly approaching and we are working to create opportunities for our students to keep becoming better readers. However, many of our students don’t have access to quality reading materials. Did you know that students who live in poverty have three books per 100 students? We are working to overcome this terrible statistic. The Marked Tree Rotary Club is partnering with our district to create a book fair for our students. By using donated books that have been lightly used, we are hoping to be able to give each student in our elementary books to take home that they can read over the summer. If your organization would be willing to help, we would love to receive your donation of books at Marked Tree School District, Unico Bank, First Baptist Church, or ERitter before April 11th. The most life changing gift you can give someone is the ability to read. It is my sincere hope that your organization will do just that.
Application for transfer to a nonresident district
Current Job Opportunities
- High School Math- Interested applicants should email Annesa Thompson, high school principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt Wright, Superintendent, at email@example.com
- We have one janitorial position that is open. Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (870) 358-2913.
MTSD Teacher of the Year Nomination
Procedure for selection of the Arkansas Teacher of the Year Candidate:
- Nominations will be accepted from teachers, parents and principals. All nominations should be submitted in narrative form.
- Nominations should be turned into the Superintendent's office by April 1, 2019.
- The deadline for selection will be May April 10th.
- The final selection will be made by a committee appointed by the superintendent. The committee will consist of two administrators, two parents, one school board member, and a central office administrator.
- The committee shall determine the Teacher of the Year candidate by a vote of the committee members. (The central office administrator will vote only in case of a tie).
- The Teacher of the Year candidate will be responsible for submitting the completed application to the Arkansas Teacher of the Year Program.
- Please provide examples of the following:
- an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teacher, grades k-12 who is planning to continue in an active teaching role;
- a teacher who inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- a teacher who has the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues;
- a teacher who plays an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school district;
- a teacher with a positive attitude towards the students, staff, community as well as the teaching profession.
Click here for the application for MTSD Teacher of the Year Candidate Recommendation
New health immunization requirements
The Arkansas State Board of health has once again changed the rules and regulations pertaining to the immunization requirements to attend schools in Arkansas. Our local health department has ordered extra immunizations to insure that our students will receive their immunizations before returning to school in August of 2014. Please check with our local health department to see if your child needs further shots. Our health department in Marked Tree will have immunization clinics on the following days: Friday, May 16th 8:00-4:30 Monday, June 9th 8:00-5:30 Monday, July 28th 8:00-4:30 Friday, August 15th 8:00-4:30 They will do them on other days as walk-ins or if parents call and request an appointment. Health Department 870-358-3615