Annual Public Meeting *Sept. 17th @5:30 in the HS Library
We will hold our annual public meeting on Monday, Sept. 17th , beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the High School Library.
MTSD High Achieving Awards - 2015 OEP Awards
2018-2019 Job Opportunities
- 3rd Math/Science
MTSD Teacher of the Year Nomination
Procedure for selection of the Arkansas Teacher of the Year Candidate:
- Nominations will be accepted from teachers, parents and principals. All nominations should be submitted in narrative form.
- Nominations should be turned into the Superintendent's office by April 15, 2015.
- The deadline for selection will be May 15.
- The final selection will be made by a committee appointed by the superintendent. The committee will consist of two administrators, two parents, one school board member, and a central office administrator.
- The committee shall determine the Teacher of the Year candidate by a vote of the committee members. (The central office administrator will vote only in case of a tie).
- The Teacher of the Year candidate will be responsible for submitting the completed application to the Arkansas Teacher of the Year Program.
- Please provide examples of the following:
- an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teacher, grades k-12 who is planning to continue in an active teaching role;
- a teacher who inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- a teacher who has the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues;
- a teacher who plays an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school district;
- a teacher with a positive attitude towards the students, staff, community as well as the teaching profession.
Click here for the application for Teacher of the Year
New health immunization requirements
The Arkansas State Board of health has once again changed the rules and regulations pertaining to the immunization requirements to attend schools in Arkansas. Our local health department has ordered extra immunizations to insure that our students will receive their immunizations before returning to school in August of 2014. Please check with our local health department to see if your child needs further shots. Our health department in Marked Tree will have immunization clinics on the following days: Friday, May 16th 8:00-4:30 Monday, June 9th 8:00-5:30 Monday, July 28th 8:00-4:30 Friday, August 15th 8:00-4:30 They will do them on other days as walk-ins or if parents call and request an appointment. Health Department 870-358-3615